Parents: RESULTS ARE IN

Some of you may know that a few weeks ago I sent my parents a copy of Eat to Live in the mail.  A couple days later they told me that they did their grocery shopping and were ready to start the 6 week challenge.  I was skeptical, surprised, but excited. 

Having just gone through the challenge myself, the challenges were still fresh in my mind.  It takes time to learn how to eat healthy.  It takes time for your tastes to adjust.  It takes time for your body to adjust.  I'm going on 4 months of eating a nutritarian diet and I am STILL seeing improvements.  The latest is that my sinuses have improved dramatically and my digestion is the most regular that it has ever been.  

As skeptical as I was initially, it turned out that my parents did a much better job than I did on the 6 week challenge.  I had a few moments of weakness - a McDonalds splurge if you don't recall.  My  parents worked together to support each other which I think helped a lot.  My mom made sure that my dad finished his salads (even though it would take him an hour) and quenched his need for snacking.  My dad worked to get my mom to drink more water and cooked a lot of the chili's and soups for the week. 

Monday was their last day of the 6 week challenge and the results are in. 

Dad:
Starting weight: 218.5 lbs
Current: 186.5 lbs
Weight loss: 32 lbs
Off of medications.  Lowered blood pressure.  Lost several notches in his belt.  Enjoys chipotle red bean sweet potato chili.  

Mom:
Starting weight:  181.5 lbs
Current weight:  159.0 lbs
Weight loss: 22.5 lbs
No longer drinks coffee or soda.  No more headaches.  Has more energy.  No more acid reflux.  Really enjoys eggplant roll-ups and banana-walnut ice-cream.

Here is their BLOG on the process! monkeylikeeating.blogspot.com

The rewarding thing is that they are going to keep going.  As I think they should.  They deserve to look and feel 20 years younger.  If they keep at it, I know they will.  I think they will be shocked in a couple weeks as they continue to see drastic changes in how they look and feel.  I hope they take the time to treat themselves to new clothes that fit.  I didn't realize how much my body had changed until it was time to buy new clothes.

Anyhow, I feel like I can rest easy knowing that my parents are eating to live and will live longer and healthier because of it. 

I know Kate is going to be doing a post soon - she just celebrated her birthday this past week so I'm sure she will have lots to tell!


Comments

  1. Found your blog and your parents when doing a Nutritarian search. Great job spreading the Nutritarian word, it definitely helps when you have plenty of family support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been a big change in my life and an incredible one too. I'm hoping that some chefs get on board and start making some Nutritarian specific cook books. It has been extremely helpful to have a great network of people that are interested in supportive of the lifestyle.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts