Blueberry Salad

I'm not a huge fan of savory salad dressings.  I tend to use very little dressing or something light and on the sweeter side.  The salad I put together below helped me get through my first few weeks of Eat to Live and continues to be one of my favorite salads.  I love to eat this huge salad along with a hardy chili for lunch - so I get lots of fruit, greens, beans, and cooked vegetables in the middle of the day.  

Creamy Blueberry Dressing
adapted from Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live recipes
2 Cups blueberries
1/2 Cup Pomegranate Juice (or Orange Juice)
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

Blend until smooth and creamy.

Salad
Spinach
Fresh Strawberries, sliced
Apple, sliced
Rasins
Slivered Almonds

Toss ingredients and dress with Creamy Blueberry Dressing.



Comments

  1. Yum! I haven't tried this dressing yet but the ingredients just made my mouth water! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite Dr. Fuhrman dressing recipes. Definitely goes nicely on a salad with fresh fruit, raisins and some nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts