Birthday Cake

Hi friends! Dropping by to say a quick hello. I'm so behind on blogging but I'll get it together soon!

I had the happiest birthday a couple weeks ago! First, my sis was in town for my whole bday week (major score)! Second, my wildest dreams came true and my family all chipped in to get me a Vita-Mix (I know, I dream BIG)! Third, I made cake. Chocolate cake. Vegan chocolate cake. Non-Nutritarian chocolate cake. Oopsy-daisy. Yes, the cake had both sugar and oil. I'll try harder on my next birthday.

There are no words...
This cake hit the spot! And not just one spot...all my spots. I'm sharing this recipe with you for those times when you just have to splurge. I know we all have moments when nothing else will satisfy us but don't come crying to me if you eat the whole cake straight out of the oven. ;) Control is the key word here! Enjoy this cake with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, the postman... catch my drift? Great food is much more pleasurable when shared and (more importantly?) it means less for you to shamefully scarf in the dark...at midnight...while your husband and puppy are sleeping. 



The so-simple-it's-genius recipe is from Isa Chandra over at The Post Punk Kitchen. I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose and I used more vanilla in place of almond extract. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Do right by this cake and make the Gooey Chocolate Ganache to go with. To. Die.


click here for PPK's Just Chocolate Cake


Comments

  1. Can't wait to hear about some of your favorite Vita-Mix Recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts