Parents Post Detox

Check out my parents blog on their post detox experience!

Monkeylikeeating.blogspot.com

My mother has lowered her cholesteral and lost tons of weight.  She went to her doctor for a check-up and the doctor was fascinated by the weight-loss.  He was curious about what the impact would be on her cholesterol levels.  She got the blood work done and without a doubt she is healthier.  Her bad cholesterol levers have been significantly lowered.  She still has weight to lose and is excited to keep eating this way.   

My dad just went in for his blood work and will be getting the results soon.  I will be very curious to see how this lifestyle change has impacted his health.  He has shrunken his waistline to where I was a size 34.  He'll be shocked when he is fitting into 32-33. 

It seems that for now my parents have comfortably settled on eating nutritarian everyday, and they reserve one meal a week where they go nuts (so do I).  They make sure that they only go out to eat for that occasion to keep the chips, soda, processed foods, flour, salt, and sugar out of the house.  The first thing I did when I made the commitment was throw out ALL processed foods, the salt, and flour.  I haven't had it in the house for 4 months, and I don't miss it. 

I'm happy that my parents reserve their not so healthy meals for outside of the house.  This means that they get a chance to enjoy going out.  Going to restaurants.  Going out like that was never really a part of my family's routine.  Mostly because it was expensive and we were a pain in the ass.  But, I glad it is now because they will discover some great new places to eat in the area.  I hope they can find a place where they can get a huge salad.  

I am very lucky to have a place here in Oberlin - The Feve - that has incredible salads.  My favorite right now is a MASSIVE salad called the Maha salad.  It is mixed greens with some onions, cucumbers, peppers, etc.  topped with hummus, pita chips, and falafel.  Aside from the oil and salt in the falafel and hummus, it is a great salad.  I never feel terrible after eating. 

Comments

Popular Posts