Kate: Week 7

Current Weight: 123.2
Week 7 Weight Loss: 1.4 lbs
Starting Weight: 144
Total Weight Loss: 20.8 lbs

Week 7 was a breeze...and it even included a family birthday bash for my brother. Do any of these foods appeal to you?:

Don't eat me!  ;)
BBQ Pulled Pork
Soft Pretzel Buns
Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy Potato Salad
Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips
Dairy Queen Icecream Cake

In the past, my plate would be piled high with every single one of those supposed delights. I can't say that I didn't enjoy the aromas of each but I can say that no part of me wanted to sacrifice my health for food. Big step. I completed Dr. Fuhrman's initial challenge so it would have been acceptable to have a taste of some of my old favorites following his 90/10 guideline but it was a no-brainer for me. These are the foods that made me unhealthy and fed my food addiction in the first place. There was no need to chance a relapse. Instead, I thoroughly enjoyed lentil meatballs in marinara sauce, corn on the cob and a mouth-watering southwest salad complete with Mike's Creamy Chipotle Dressing. Seriously you guys, this dressing is crazy delicious. Mike will be posting the recipe soon so get ready for a flavor explosion. Oh! And for dessert I had delectable nutritarian brownies with fresh strawberry slices. The brownie recipe was one that Dr. Fuhrman shared while he was on the Dr. Oz show. There were a couple adjustments I made for my tastes, I will share soon!

Comments

  1. I hadn't seen Kate since she had started Eating to Live. She was just in town this past weekened and we got to see each other since starting Eat to Live.

    She looks great! Not only was her body lean, but her face looked young and healthy. To me it seemed like her energy was through the roof and more positive.

    So cool to see such obvious results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts