Mike: Week 11 Wine and Cheese

What do you look at on nutrition labels at the store?  Vote, I'm curious ---->
(it isn't a scam or anything, just a poll that ends tomorrow)

Current Weight: 147.8 lbs
Starting Weight: 191 lbs
Week 11 Weight Loss: 5 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 43.2 lbs
Starting Body Mass Index: 29
Current Body Mass Index: 22.5

Well shit.  I had no idea that I would lose five more pounds in a week.  Especially after going so slowly there for a while.  I thought I had started easing into my ideal body weight.  I guess my body just decided "ok time to dump the rest."  And I had a huge bowl of banana walnut ice cream last night too.  I eat a TON.

It probably helped that I had two incredible spin classes this week.  Another person I work with go every Wednesday and Saturday morning and spin rock out with a bunch of middle aged women.  I don't care what you say.  It helps to have someone motivating you to ride up non-existent hills.  Also, nothing better than getting an early work-out before the day even starts.  It helps my mind so much.  I can go into work with a much more positive attitude now that I give myself two nice cardio workouts each week.

Some things that I have continued to notice as a result of eating to live.  My feet used to hurt when I stood for more than 30 minutes.  And they would hurt all day, like really hurt.  Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore.  I can't believe I was carrying 43 excess pounds around.  Had I kept on going the way I was, it wouldn't surprise me if I had ended up with sever arthritis joint problems.

I fit into all the clothes that I wore when I first started working at Oberlin.

BUT - the biggest news is this.

My parents finished their first week eating to live.  My mom lost 12 pounds and my dad lost 16 pounds in the first week!  My mom says that she finds that she has a lot more energy.   More importantly, she doesn't get headaches like she always did.  She is weaning herself off of coffee day by day.  I want to get her update when she goes her first day without any coffee.  She still refuses to drink water - so she chews on ice.  I think she will eventually drink water - maybe they need a water filter?  My dad just wants hamburgers.  They enjoyed the cherry chocolate ice cream and the banana walnut ice cream.  I'm glad that they are starting to play around with some of the recipes to alter them to their liking.  I'm really excited that they are doing this and really taking it seriously.  My dad started a blog so you can follow their progress.

http://monkeylikeeating.blogspot.com/  

I'm having some wine and cheese tonight - can't wait.  Although I did just have a huge dinner, so I'm kind of stuffed.  Oops just got back.  I had a couple glasses of wine and ended up eating a couple desserts and a turkey wrap.  I had a lot of fruit.  Everything was delicious.  But not to worry cause I eat healthy!  No guilt.  No blame.  No shame!

So this past week my meals were pretty much like this...

Breakfast
Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie - I eat both servings because it is so tasty

Lunch
Vegetable Chili
Blueberry Salad - Spinach topped with dried cranberries, almonds, apple slices, and creamy blueberry dressing
OR Berry Salad - Spinach topped with almonds, fresh sliced strawberries, and raisin dressing

Dinner
Vegetable Chili
Garden Salad - Spinach topped with scallions, celery, pea shoots, carrots, bell peppers, and black bean hummus
Applesauce

Dessert
Banana Walnut Ice Cream - I eat all of the servings...I think there are 4 in the recipe.
OR Strawberry Pineapple sorbet - again I eat all of the servings maybe let my housemates try a bit.

Check out my parents updates and root them on!

Comments

Popular Posts