Caught with my pants down.

Couple things for you today.  I'm looking and feeling great, well aside from going bald.  But at least I'm not bald and fat.  Health wise, I feel great - everyone around me is sick though.  Sneezing, coughing, flu, fever, etc.  I'm pretty confident I'll get through this winter without a problem.

Current weight: 145
Starting weight: 191
Total weight loss: 46 lbs
Current pant size: 30
Body Mass Index: 22
Blood pressure: 102/67 (fluctuates a bit, but this is usually where it is)
Pulse: 81

None of my clothes fit anymore, so I Yom Kippur shopping.  Great sales.  First thing - a new belt.  I picked up a new belt at the mall.  Of course I had to put it on right away because I was excited and the other belt was just not cutting it anymore.  So, here I am trying to hold my bags, take off my old belt, hold up my pants, and manage the new one in the middle of this mall by a verizon stand.  My pants were so loose that they were falling down.  Meanwhile a choo-choo train filled with little children tooted by me.  Lovely.

The next thing I'd like to share with you is an awesome chili recipe that has HUGE flavor.  I adapted the recipe to be Eat to Live approved.  I've made it twice.  The first time I slaved peeling all the damn awkward shaped sweet potatoes.  That took forever.  Second time I said screw it to peeling and left the skins on and it was perfect.  Just cubed the taters right up and tossed em in.

Chipotle Red Bean Sweet Potato Chili
Serves a lot!

2 tablespoon water to water saute
2 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons chili powder
3 lbs sweet potatoes cubed (to lazy to peel?  DON'T!  it's great with skins)
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
2 (15 1/2 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups water
2 tablespoons minced canned chipotle chile in adobo

1. Water saute onions, bell peppers, and garlic until tender
2. Add Chili powder to coat onions and bell peppers, cook 30 seconds
3. Add everything else, cover the pot, and bring to a simmer
4. Cook covered on low for 4-6 hours

Adapted to be Eat to Live friendly from....http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotle-kissed-red-bean-and-sweet-potato-chili-193330

More to come - Kate and I will be making videos soon!

My mother has kicked her coffee and soda addiction, has lost 20 lbs, and is still going strong.  My dad is off all of his medications, lost 27 lbs, and is still going strong.  My mom wants blue cheese and my dad wants a hamburger.  At the end of the 6 weeks they should, but I hope they maintain the healthy lifestyle they are currently living.  I trust that they will.

Comments

  1. 3 lbs sounds like a lot of potatoes. We'll give it a try the next time we have chili.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts