Kate: Week 10: Going Nuts

Current Weight: 119.6
Week 10 Weight Loss: 2.2 lbs
Starting Weight: 144
Total Weight Loss: 24.4 lbs

I didn't think I was going to have any weight loss during week 10. I was holding steady at 121.8 for days. During the week I read a lot about nuts. There are many different opinions on the effects nuts can have on weight loss. One school of thought is that while trying to lose weight, they should be severely restricted or avoided all together. Even a minimal amount of nuts like in a nut based salad dressing could stall weight loss for some. I took all of this information lightly partly because I love nuts so I didn't want to believe it and also because others will argue that a minimal amount of nuts will not hinder weight loss. I wanted to be in the pro-nut camp. Towards the end of my week 10, my daily menu just so happened to not include any nuts. Guess what happened. Weight started dropping. It has been three days with no nuts in any of my meals and I have seen weight loss each day. It could be the nuts, it could also just be the natural time my body decided to stop plateauing. Whether it's the nuts or not, I think I will continue to make nut-free meals for experimentation this week. 

If you're curious about nuts, here's a link to to see what Healthy Girl's Kitchen has to say on the matter.

Comments

Popular Posts