Mike's Week 3 Update

Current weight: 170 lbs
Week 3 weight loss: 5 lbs

Initial weight: 191 lbs
Total weight loss: 21 lbs


Let's talk poop people.  Sorry if this is might be too much for some, but for anyone that really wants to know what is behind eating to live will want to read this.

For the first two weeks - porridge - dark green porridge.  Sorry I forgot a descriptive - URGENT dark green porridge.  But, something happened around week three where now there is a bit more structure and regularity to my production process.  It is still a far cry from the firm, hardy, and brightly colored that I had been accustomed to growing up.  From what I understand now this is how it is supposed to be.

Ok - so now more about what else I have been feeling.  Obviously the weight loss is going to slow pretty drastically as I ease into my ideal body weight, but I am continuing to see a general tightening of my body.  I might not weigh less one day, but I will look more slender.  I am seeing very clear results.  I have lost a lot of chub in my face, neck, and gut.  My skin is noticeably healthier, strange that people have actually out of the blue commented on how good my skin looks.

Being very honest - I might have had a two beers the other night (I had just finished brewing my first batch of beer, so I had to try it - I brewed it before the new lifestyle).  I might have had a cup of gourmet ice cream for my birthday.  I didn't feel bad and felt even better following it up with some very nutritional meals.  

I have become a total Judgmental Judy at the grocery stores when I see everyone else's carts full of soda, pop tarts, bread, hotdogs, milk, pasta, oil, chips, and frozen pizzas.  When I look up from their carts I see a very tired, fat person - over-fed and malnourished.  Reliant on regular doses of sugar, fat, and coffee to stay awake.

My energy has been INSANE.  Kate and I were talking about how we get these strange bursts of just plain giddiness now.  It is like I am so awake and so positive that I could scream.  Perhaps some of that has to do with the fact that I am on vacation.

What else have I noticed - oh the Banana Ice Cream is freaking brilliant.  Healthy, no sugar, no milk, and tastes way better than anything in the store.  The texture is so creamy too.

Kate and I have had a couple friends just recently jump on the Eat to Live wagon.  We are extremely excited to have our friends not only supporting us, but also treating themselves to a long, disease-free, healthy life.  I cannot wait to hear what everyone else experiences and what kind of recipes they end up sharing!  

Comments

  1. Great job, Judy! You're half-way done with the six week challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts