Kate: Week 3 & 4

Current Weight: 133.8
Week 3 & 4 Weight Loss: 3.2 lbs
Starting Weight: 144
Total Weight Loss: 10.2 lbs

Despite being away on vacation and then returning to the weekend of my wedding anniversary, I still managed to lose some weight. While never fully abandoning my eat to live diet, I did end up having an abundance of corn and avocado as well as some unavoidable oils from eating out. While nothing to be ashamed of, it certainly taught me that my body type easily holds on to starches and fats and at least during my initial weight loss period, I need to limit my exposure to those foods. Lesson learned!


While on vacation it was so much easier to stick to my new way of eating than I thought. These are some strategies that helped me avoid temptation:
- Pack your own airport snacks

- Focus your attention on the salads and list of sides at restaurants
- Do not be afraid to customize your restaurant order (hold the meat, 86 the bun, dressing on the side, etc.)
- When there are no decent salad dressing options, look for other alternatives (I often used mustard and/or salsa in place of fatty/oily dressings)
- Ask questions! (Are the vegetables prepared in oil? Is the veggie burger vegan?, etc.)
- Order 2-3 side salads if nothing else fits the bill
- When people ask why you are eating differently, tell them! My family and friends were incredibly understanding and supportive of my goals. An important point to remember is that you are choosing this new way of life because it makes you feel great! If that comes through when talking to others, it will be easy for them to avoid judging or trying to guilt you into straying from your diet. Eat to live is a positive change, so be positive in your responses!
- Finally, do NOT beat yourself up over situations you cannot control. The Eat to Live 6-week challenge can be extremely difficult when you are not in control of your food. Do the best you can in extraordinary situations and remember that one meal will not make you fat just like one meal will not make you skinny.

I'm looking forward to getting back to preparing my own meals this week. Pre-vacation, I was getting great results with my usual fruit for breakfast, steamed veggies for lunch and salad for dinner. In addition to getting back to my normal meals, I am also going to commit to completing a strenuous workout (cardio or resistance) EVERY day this week. Let's go week 5!

Back on the wagon with my Pre-Vacation Meals!

Comments

Popular Posts