Mike: Week 1

Mike here -

I have finished a full week of the Eat to Live diet.  Here's the deal.


I'm going to be honest.  I was a hungry sassy ass with a headache for the first four or five days.  Total withdraws.  BUT because I had read about the alternative in EtL, I was still pumped to be doing it.  Just a couple days ago I felt amazing all day, definitely awake and in a great mood.  Same with today.


1.  I lost 8 lbs the first week.  I am now down to 183lbs.  It came off quickly and noticeably.


2.  Breakfast smoothies are so delicious.  I'm excited to go to bed so I can make one in the morning.  I love having them and tossing in the greens (can't taste them).  Way better cereal and milk.


3.  I'm finding that the salads are hard to finish because I am not yet hungry for the greens yet.  My taste buds are changing though already.  I snuck a few tortilla chips yesterday and oh my god they tasted too salty.  
  

4.  Definitely give the Ceasar Dressing in EtL a try as it is soooo robust and saucy.  It's that savory dressing that I was looking for to go with the spring mix with arugula.  


5.  Sorbet is an amazing end of the day treat.  I usually have a little bit of it after I have come back from a run and cooled off.  


In case you are wondering....

I grew up in Wisconsin where a typical dinner would be a hunk of meat, a pile of potatoes, garnished with some cooked vegetable topped with butter.  A traditional beef and cheese midwestern diet.  Brats and potato salads.  I would drink soda or 2% milk and avoided water.  Oh and I could never pass up on an Apple Fritter or Tiramisu.  There is definitely a small craving for those things as I type them..So my palette is not really accustomed or interested in vegetables.

I jumped onto the Eat to Live wagon for a couple of reasons.  I have always been relatively husky for my height, nothing offensive.  But just recently I did grow out of a number of clothes that I considered my "fat day" clothes.  The buttons on my button down shirts were all puckered and stretched.  My last notch on my belt was deflowered.  I also started having really bad acid reflux - which can lead to throat cancers and ulcers.  I going to be 30 soon and have to figure this shit out.


I hope this blog gives some people a perspective on the EtL lifestyle. Maybe there are some other late 25-35 year olds in the same boat that will find this entertaining.


LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING KATE'S WEEK ONE UPDATE ON MONDAY!!!  Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Wow, Mike! Way to set the bar high for first week weight loss! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts