Hangry but Healthy

I finish my first week Eating to Live tomorrow. I feel healthier and have already lost a few pounds. I am down to 185 from 191, and I can now button my jeans when they are fresh out of the dryer!

Overall, I did really well. Here are a few thoughts.

  • I was pretty damn hangry for the first couple days. All week I watched my friends eat pizza, tacos, nachos, tater tots, and pasta, and anyone who knows me knows that I struggled to keep it together. I didn't realize how addicted to salt, sugar, and oil I was. My taste buds have been adjusting, and I am starting to crave veggies again. PS. I used to HATE vegetables. I grew up eating hamburger helper, tombstone pizza, doritos, and Taco Bell. I can throw down. 
  • I tried not to drink alcohol. If I had a drink, I had to really fight keep it together.
  • I have to be honest. I LOVE the sample station at Trader Joe's. I totally bee-line to the coffee snack station and hover until they replenish the samples. Yesterday they had bite-sized root beer floats....that shit is getting me by. I did discover these really convenient pre-made salads though. I just throw out the dressing (always the unhealthiest part for you). They have a little cheese in it, but I figure it is an ok compromise. I threw some olives in it for some more flavor. 
  • I forgot how defensive people get about olive oil. The food industry has done a great job convincing people that it is healthy and that they need more. I don't eat ADDED oils. I get my oils and fats from food I eat, so I get all of the other health benefits - fiber, vitamins, and such. People can't handle the idea that I don't eat olive oil....and if not olive oil, flax seed oil, and if not that, then coconut oil. Listen, I eat avocados, flax seeds, coconuts, olives, nuts, beans, etc every day. I eat plenty of it too, and there is no reason for me to add concentrated and processed oils to my food. 
    • How do I cook? Water saute!






Comments

Popular Posts