Back to Square 1

Five years ago, my friend Kate and I embarked on a 6-week challenge to get fit and reform our eating habits to ensure that live a long and healthy life. We followed Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live challenge. I cured a number of persistent health problems, lost 50lbs, and felt better than ever. AND, I loved the nutritarian diet so much that I stuck with it for another 2 years.

However, over time I started incorporating foods with little nutritional value into my diet. I went through a number of major life changes that only made it hard for me to maintain my strict nutritarian diet. I let my guard down and indulged, a lot. I just turned 33. I'm back to where I was five years ago. I have gained 50 pounds and have the same health problems. 

Tomorrow marks the first day of my crash course in eating healthy. I will begin a 6-week Eat to Live challenge. To keep myself accountable, I am blogging about my experience and sharing my progress with you. Some of you have tried this with me before. If anyone else out there wants to try to, let me know so I can follow along too. 

Starting Stats
Age: 33
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 191
BMI: 29
Waist: 34+
Healthy body weight: 145-155lbs
Known health issues: severe acid reflux
Guilty pleasure foods: Pepperoni Pizza, Indian and Thai food


Least favorite foods: Mushrooms, cauliflower, raw tomatoes

For an in-depth look at what I'm going through, head to your local library, bookstore, or Amazon to get your very own copy of Eat to Live by Joel Furhman, MD! 
Click here to purchase Eat to Live from amazon.com.
While you're at it, check out Dr. Fuhrman's website and blog for even more information on the Eat to Live lifestyle.

Wish me luck!!

P.S. I am not even close to being  a doctor or nutritionist.  Be sure to read Eat to Live in its entirety and follow the advice on when to see a health professional if you are considering (and I hope you are!) adopting this lifestyle.



Comments

Popular Posts