Mike: Week 6 Update

I finished the 6 week Eat to Live aggressive weight loss program today.  The results are in.  I am really proud of what I have done in this short amount of time.

Current weight: 160 lbs
Starting weight: 191 lbs
Total weight loss: 31 lbs

Noticeable changes
-I have WAY more energy (I quit coffee)
-Fast and continuous weight loss
-the feeling of hunger is a bit different, never really head-achey
-I sleep way better
-my sinus has improved, although there is still something there
-Vegetables taste much better now
-I can taste naturally occurring salt in foods, salted foods taste too strong now
-I have been in a much better mood (after the first week or so)
-I look better, people comment on how healthy I look weight wise and skin wise
-My breath is much better

So now what?  I am going to eat an entire pepperoni pizza sprinkled with an entire bag of doritos on top, then wash it down with an ice cold Dr. Pepper.  Just kidding - maybe.  What I can tell you is that I WILL BE EATING THE EAT TO LIVE WAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.  More than likely I'll adopt the 90/10 life plan model of eating.  90% of my diet will consist of vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains, and nuts with NO salt, oil, fat, sugar, or refined grains.  The other 10% will be for fancy dinners, special occasions, beer, inconvenient meal planning, etc.  This will make this sustainable for me and ultimately keep me in check.  For the next couple weeks I anticipate eating the very restricted diet for a while until I am in the range of my ideal body weight for my age and height.  I still have some unsightly flubber.

Looking for a good documentary to watch?  Forks Over Knives - it is available on NetFlix. I just watched it as a clincher and send off from my 6 week program.



I also bought myself a Vitamix 5200 as a gift to myself to continue eating well.  So, from here on out I will be continuing to experiment with new foods that fit within my diet.  I will continue to post and share.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!

    I am really proud of you. This was a really fun blog to read and your progress has given me a lot of inspiration to stay in the game.

    The 90/10 philosophy is really a great one -- and I am glad to hear that you're continuing on, even if only most of the time. We all deserve a little fun once in a while. (Just not all the time, which is how I used to be.)

    For my own update: I am 10 days in (I had a vacation to Portland and gave myself freebies on those days), and I have lost 8 lbs. I'll admit I am still trying to find more energy, but a lot of the things you've said improved for you have for me, too.

    Rock on, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you, Mike! Congratulations!!

    Thanks to you and Kate for reiterating the importance of treating our bodies well, not just in order to reach a healthy weight, but to have a healthy body and healthy life. I find it so much easier to stick to this plan when I remember it's not about reaching a number on a scale (I don't know about you, but those scale numbers stress me out a lot if I fixate on them!) This is about living as vibrantly as we can! You guys are awesome. Thanks for doing this-- I hope you keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts