No More Summer Muffin Top.

Spring time.  

Definitely feeling the urge to eat freshly grown fruits and vegetables.  I cannot wait until the farmer markets this summer.  The summer farmer's markets in Kenosha is something that really helped my parents start eating to live. 

This was by far the healthiest winter for me. I did catch a cold that was going around once, but I recovered very quickly.  A lot of people around me were sick for weeks. 

So folks - I started Eating to Live in June.  I weighed 191 lbs, had acid reflux, chronic sinusitis, and my feet and back always hurt. I was always tired and NEEDED coffee to function.  I would get  headaches and I just look unhealthy.  

I have been at 145lbs to 150lbs steady.  I have become much more aware of how much food impacts my body. If I eat anything out of the ordinary, my body does a great job of telling me that I screwed up.  I also am down to a size 29 or 30 waist - which is crazy considering the fact that I was always a size "husky" when I was a kid. 

Going into this summer will be the first time that I have had a flat stomach with no worries about having to diet or do anything dramatic.  I cannot wait to go swimming.

Kate and I are going to do a summer swimsuit picture!

IF YOU JUST STARTED - STICK WITH IT!

If a fat little Wisconsin boy like me who was raised on beef and Kraft singles can do it, you can too.  Don't give me the "oh I can't do that crap." Be honest with yourself. 

Quick Apple Dressing
I made up a new dressing that is sort of based on Dr. Fuhrman's Apple Pie Dressing.

With my Vitamix.....

I threw in an entire apple (halved), some raisins, a handful of raw cashews, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enough water for it to cream. 
It was great on top of romaine lettuce with some peanuts, fresh apples, and other fruits.

Comments

Popular Posts