General Disappointment

I'm a little disappointed.  First in myself.  The past couple weeks have been stuffed with more unhealthy foods than healthy.  Some of it was circumstantial which I don't mind at all at this point.    But what is bothering me is all those times I chose not to get off my but and plan my weekly menu or go grocery shopping.  IT IS IMPORTANT TO PLAN.  Because I didn't have my house stocked with what I needed to eat, I started filling the gaps with anything.   

I have definitely been experiencing the general drag that I used to before Eat to Live.  Some heavier mood swings and irritability.  I have had a cup of coffee here and there - low and behold I had a massive head ache today definitely feel toxic hunger.  I have also found it much harder to focus on days when I don't eat well.  NONE OF THIS IS NEWS. 

I am proud of myself for going now almost 6 MONTHS! Eating to Live.  For my 6 month, I am going to do a re-read of the book.  I want to familiarize myself with the powerful information of nutrition.  I want to continue to find ways of easily eating healthy.  I need to bring back my sorbet.  I went to the gym today - ran for a while and did some weight lifting.  That helped my mood. 

I saw my parents for the first time after they starting Eating to Live.  They have lost weight and look much better!  They need new clothes that is for sure.  We had an awesome nutritarian meal together.  Stuffed green peppers (no-meat meat ball recipe for stuffing), with a huge platter of fruit, and some banana oat bars.  It was missing the most important part though....the salad as the main dish.

However, I am a little disappointed.  Post 6 weeks they decided that they would have these "splurges."  In some cases a full day of ravenous eating.  And now it seems that one day turns into a couple.  This is a very unhealthy way of eating - and kind of gross.  It does nothing to keep them on track to eating healthy.

My dad is desperate for all things meat and sugar.  He still doesn't get it.  My mother seems to be getting lazy about it.  They both have a fair amount of weight to lose yet to find themselves at their ultimate health and ideal body weight.  But they don't seem as committed to their health as they were several weeks ago.  I wish they could commit to the aggressive weight loss until they really lose it all.  They would have needed to go maybe 6-8 more weeks and could have been there.  I just hope that they reconsider how they splurge, and why they splurge.  This is about their health and having a longer better life. 

I did the aggressive weight loss until it was GONE.  I'm at 145 right now and hope to start building some muscle.  I am really going to have my kitchen stocked.

WORDS TO THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE THINKING ABOUT EAT TO LIVE
1. DO IT - for real
2. Quit making excuses - yes you can go without bread, milk, cheese, meat, coffee - my parents do it and so can you!
3. Read the book cover to cover and commit to a new life style - you can't half ass this.
4. Do the 6 weeks over and over until you are there.  You will KNOW when you are there.  It feels great.

Good luck!

P.S.  I AM PROUD OF MY PARENTS.  I just hope they stay on track with a the goal of eating healthy in mind at all times.

Comments

Popular Posts